Unfortunately, some of the last people to know about a merger and acquisition are IT and security teams.
Many times these teams find themselves coming in at the last minute to discuss technical implications on how companies will merge or break apart only to find strategic implications were overlooked. Often this leads to increased risk of the acquiring or acquired company as accelerated timeframes do not allow organisations to properly assess vulnerabilities and their potential risks to the business impact of the organisation.
Secureworks Merger & Acquisition Advisement service is designed by former CISOs and Business Leaders to help organisations assess business and technical risks to the acquiring or acquired organisation from a holistic merger and acquisition perspective. Given that no merger and acquisition is the same, our service is customised for every engagement based on a proprietary merger and acquisition risk assessment framework with the underlying goal of helping your organisation determine:
- What are the questions we need to answer from an information security risk management perspective to determine if this M&A should happen?
- What is the process for bringing these organisations together? How do we mitigate security risk with accelerated timeframes?
- What cyber vulnerabilities exist within each organisation and how could they be exploited when brought together?
- Is there lost value or should the price of the acquired organisation change due to cyber vulnerabilities they have that must be remediated?
- How will the organisation be exposed during the merger process?
- What synergies can be capitalised on from a technology or vendor perspective?
- What redundancies can be eliminated and what is the process to ensure continuity?